Vitamin C signs - dry skin. split hair, bad gums, bleeding, joint pain.
Symptom Quiz & Video
For detailed Vitamin C help watch the video above and/or read below. Here is the link for additional help.
How to Correct a Vitamin C (L-ascorbic Acid) Deficiency
The C In Today's Citrus Doesn't Do It
You might think you are getting all the vitamin C you need from your morning orange juice or grapefruit. Unfortunately, today's citrus -- ripened artificially in large warehouses and then stored and/or transported for long periods of time -- contains only a fraction of the C of yesterday's tree-ripened fruit.
Q u i z !
Which of These 22 Vitamin C Warning Symptoms Do You Actually Have?
© 2017 FredaCare.com
Is the Basis of all Connective Tissue
This is an important vitamin because it is absolutely essential for the production, development and strength of collagen, which is the basis of all connective tissue in your body.
Critical for Growth and Bones
Without healthy connective tissue production your body cannot grow and develop properly. C is also critically important to healthy bone and tooth formation.
Workers Most At Risk of Low Vitamin C
- Some of the workers most at risk of low C are:
- dry cleaners
- gas station attendants
- tanning salon employees
- airline employees
- carpet and tile installers
- Stress also causes loss of C in the urine.
Daily Intake Necessary
Therefore, daily intake is necessary.
Vitamin C molecular structure
How to Restore Your "C"
- The first thing to do is add more sources of vitamin C to your diet:
- rose hips
- citrus fruits
- greens such as:
- raw parsley
- sweet potatoes
- green peppers
- Many experts believe that everyone should supplement with C.
- It is such a powerful antioxidant that we can't afford even a small deficiency.
- 500 to 1000mg, in divided doses, is a good idea -- or more, especially if you are in a high risk environment.
- We have different levels of tolerance for C.
- If you are taking too much you will have diarrhea and possibly gas.
- Reduce the dose until the symptoms go away.
- As with any other supplement, you shouldn't take large doses unless it's recommended by your doctor.
Enhances Healing and Hormones
It enhances the healing of fractures and wounds and is necessary for adrenal hormone production.
Provides Protection From Disease
C is Not Stored In the Body (Water-Soluble)
C is a water-soluble vitamin and therefore is not stored in the body.
Vitamin C food sources
As well, C reduces infections and enhances your body's immune response during infection.
Guards Against Toxic Metals
Additionally, C protects you against heavy metal toxicity by keeping metals like lead and arsenic in solution, so they can be eliminated in your urine.
Protect Cell Walls
This vitamin is a powerful antioxidant, which means that it helps to prevent the damage to cell walls that is caused by oxidizing agents to which your body is exposed.