Vitamin B-6 signs - irritability, anxiety, depression, fatigue, PMS.
Symptom Quiz & Video
For detailed Vitamin B-6 help watch the video above and/or read below. Here is the link for additional help.
How to Correct a Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine) Deficiency
Critical to Life-Enabling Functions
B-6 plays an invaluable role in the control of many other physiological processes such as neurotransmitter manufacture, hormone production, protein digestion and metabolism, fat and carbohydrate metabolism, and enzyme manufacture.
Q u i z !
Which of These 20 Vitamin B-6 Warning Symptoms Do You Actually Have?
© 2017 FredaCare.com
Helps Make Thousands of Proteins
However, Vitamin B-6's most important function involves the manufacture of the thousands of different proteins within your body.
Makes Genetic Material
As well, B-6 (pyridoxine) is very important to your body's manufacture of genetic material, and is critical to the health of your immune system (the biomechanism that defends you from disease.
Essential to Healthy Hair and Skin
It is also essential for healthy skin and hair.It is thought that B-6 may also play a role in controlling blood levels of homocysteine, the amino acid which is believed to cause damage to blood vessels.
Protection Against Heart Disease
Taking supplements of vitamins B-6, B-12 and folic acid has been shown to return the level of homocysteine to normal, and thus it is believed that these B vitamins may provide valuable protection against heart disease.
Treats Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
B-6 is also used in the treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome.It is estimated that as much as 60% of the North American population suffers from a B-6 deficiency.
Vitamin B-6 molecular structure
How to Increase Your
B-6 (Pyridoxine) Levels
- Foods are your best sources of all nutrients.
- If your chart shows deficiencies of any B vitamins:
- increase your intake of vitamin B-rich foods
- take a good multivitamin/mineral capsule or a B-complex tablet daily (with a meal)
- follow all recommendations to improve your digestion
- We store very little B-6 in the body so foods high in vitamin B-6 should be eaten daily.
- Poultry and fish are good sources
- if you are a vegetarian you can still get plenty of B-6 from:
- brown rice
- rice bran
- wheat germ
- wheat bran
- whole grain bread and cereals
- crushed sunflower seeds
- dried parsley
- Royal jelly is an excellent supplementary source of B vitamins as well as other vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids.
- Don't take Royal jelly if you are allergic to bee stings.
- It's not a good idea to take large doses of B-6 or any single B vitamin, unless it's recommended by your doctor.
- High doses of B-6 can cause nerve damage.