Vitamin B-3 signs - fatigue, indigestion, sores, vomiting, depression.
Symptom Quiz & Video
For detailed Vitamin B-3 help watch the video above and/or read below. Here is the link for additional help.
How to Correct a Vitamin B-3 (Niacin) Deficiency
Q u i z !
Which of These 21 Vitamin B-3 Warning Symptoms Do You Actually Have?
© 2017 FredaCare.com
B-3 Helps with Weight Loss
Weight loss may be difficult if B-3 levels are low. B-3 is easily absorbed by your body, but little is stored for future use.
B-3 Protects Your Nerve Fibers
Vitamin B-3 (niacin) is an integral part of the process that manufactures myelin sheath -- the protective fatty layer that covers all of your body's nerves.
B-3 Helps Generate Energy
It is also required to help mobilize fat so that it can be burned to generate body energy.
Helps Control Cholesterol
Helps With Skin, Digestion and Sex
B-3 in Yeast
By accident it was found that pellagra could be entirely cured if the patient ate an extract of yeast.
In retrospect we know that the food refining and processing was destroying the naturally occurring vitamin B-3 that people had previously received from their food, and that the extract of yeast that so successfully reversed this ravaging disease had high concentrations of none other than vitamin B-3.
Stress Destroys B-3
Since stress, prescription drugs and alcohol or drug abuse all deplete your body of the vitamin, a deficiency can quickly occur unless your B-3 levels are continually replenished.
Cured Pellagra Disease
Vitamin B-3 was first identified during the search for a cure for pellagra, a terrible disease of the early part of this century characterized by diarrhea, dermatitis and dementia. Pellagra was, at that time, one of the leading causes of illness and death. Early in this century researchers discovered that pellagra was caused entirely by poor diet, and that the rise of pellagra coincided with the growing popularity of refined foods such as refined grains, corn and rice.
Foods That Increase Your Niacin (Vitamin B-3)
- Foods are your best sources of all nutrients.
- If your chart shows deficiencies of any B vitamins:
- increase your intake of vitamin B-rich foods
- take a good multivitamin/mineral capsule or a B-complex tablet daily (with a meal)
- follow all recommendations to improve your digestion
- Niacin (vitamin B-3) is found in the following foods:
- nuts (especially almonds)
- whole grains
- Niacin in the body is destroyed by a diet high in:
- refined grains like:
- white rice
- white flour
- white pasta
- Niacin is not stored in the body so you must eat niacin-rich foods every day.
- Single doses of niacin are often prescribed to treat high blood pressure, high cholesterol and other problems but excess intake can have serious side effects and supplementing with single doses should be supervised by your doctor.
- There are many people who should not take high doses of niacin.
Vitamin B-3 (Niacin) Cures Pellagra
Vitamin B-3 molecular structure