Vitamin B-2 signs - fatigue, bad digestion, mouth sores and worse.
Symptom Quiz & Video
For detailed Vitamin B-2 help watch the video above and/or read below. Here is the link for additional help.
How to Correct a Vitamin B-2 (Riboflavin) Deficiency
B-2 Supercharges Your Lungs
Vitamin B-2 (riboflavin) supercharges your lungs' capacity to remove oxygen from the air. It also helps in the movement of oxygen from your blood into your cells. Even within the cell, B-2 is important for the effective use of the oxygen it has helped deliver.
Q u i z !
Which of These 20 Vitamin B-2 Warning Symptoms Do You Actually Have?
© 2017 FredaCare.com
Protects from Air Pollution
Sufficient levels of B-2 in your lungs will help protect you from the effects of air pollution.
Helps Metabolize Fats and More
Milk is a Good Source of Vitamin B-2
Milk is one of the best sources of B-2, but if it is sold in translucent or transparent containers it loses most of its
B-2 by the time it is consumed.
Riboflavin Solution (B-2) and Blue Laser
Helps With Psoriasis and Cataracts
It helps prevent cataracts, protects against toxins and improves skin conditions such as psoriasis.
Ways to Increase Your B-2
- Foods are your best sources of all nutrients.
- If your chart shows deficiencies of any B vitamins:
- increase your intake of vitamin B-rich foods
- take a good multivitamin/mineral capsule or a B-complex tablet daily (with a meal)
- follow all recommendations to improve your digestion
- Riboflavin (B-2) is not found in a wide variety of foods and it is easily destroyed. Good sources are:
- dairy foods
- fortified grains
- leafy green vegetables
- It is more readily absorbed from meat than vegetables.
- It's important to cut back on refined sugar and alcohol as they both destroy B-2 in the body.
- Most people have no trouble absorbing vitamin B-2 and excesses are excreted in the urine -- the bright yellow urine you notice when you take B vitamin supplements.
- Serious deficiencies of B-2 are rare but people who are lactose intolerant or anyone who eats no dairy products or meat would be more at risk.
- Low levels may be caused by insufficient stomach acid and it's more common in the elderly and those with chronic illness.
- Pregnancy and breast feeding increase your need for riboflavin (B-2)
B-2 is Destroyed by Processing
Like other vitamins, B-2 is quite unstable and therefore is largely destroyed when food is processed. B-2 is even destroyed by light, especially fluorescent light.
Critical to the Nervous System
It is essential for a healthy nervous system and brain, hormone function and a healthy immune system.