Sodium may cause high blood pressure, stomach cancer, migraines.
Symptom Quiz & Video
For detailed Sodium Toxicity help watch the video above and/or read below. Here is the link for additional help.
How to Correct Sodium Toxicity
Why We Need This Chemical Element In Our Bodies
- regulates water balance
- regulates acid-base balance
- transfers nerve impulses
- regulates muscle action
- transports nutrients to all your body's cells.
Q u i z !
Which of These 9 Sodium Toxicity Warning Symptoms Do You Actually Have?
© 2017 FredaCare.com
Where We Get Too Much
- in most processed foods (salt)
- + occurs naturally in smaller quantities in many foods such as:
of Excess Sodium:
- Excess sodium has been found to cause
- elevated blood pressure levels
- especially in the 20% to 40% of the population with a family history of high blood pressure
- possible connections between high levels of sodium and:
- changes in the level of stomach acid secretion
- stomach cancer
- migraine headaches
- blood vessel disease in the heart and brain
Check Your Adrenal System Recommendations Too
Healthy adrenal glands are essential for maintaining normal sodium levels, so check those recommendations too - here is the direct link. Below I also include a home test to check the health of your adrenal glands.
Your Adrenal Glands Help Maintain Sodium Levels
Sodium is Essential
to Our Existence
Most of what is written about this chemical element is negative, but it is essential to our existence and is necessary for the preservation of our health.
Reduce Salt Intake
Sodium is a necessary nutrient and most people are not bothered by having a little salt in their diet. But, because you have a high score, you should try not to add salt to your food at the table, or in cooking, unless it is absolutely necessary.
Cut Back On
- most processed and prepared foods including:
- most fast food meals unless significantly salt-reduced
To Help Balance Levels:
- eat more foods rich in potassium:
- fresh leafy greens
- citrus fruits
- crushed sunflower seeds
- peaches (especially dried)
A Self-Test to Check
You will need a blood pressure monitor.
Lie down and rest for five minutes.
After five minutes, take your blood pressure (while lying down).
Next, stand up and immediately take another reading.
If your blood pressure is lower after you stand up, your adrenals may be functioning poorly.