Silicon is critical for ligaments, arterial walls, bones, tendons, joints.
Symptom Quiz & Video
For detailed Silicon help watch the video above and/or read below. Here is the link for additional help.
How to Correct a Silicon Deficiency
Essential for All Healthy Connective Tissue
Silicon is essential for the healthy growth of all bodily connective tissue, including ligaments, arterial walls, bones (hardness and flexibility), tendons and joints.
Q u i z !
Which of These 16 Silicon Warning Symptoms Do You Actually Have?
© 2017 FredaCare.com
Silicon for Hair, Nails, Skin
There has been a growing interest in products containing this chemical element in the cosmetics industry, because they have realized that shampoos, creams and lotions containing silica are very effective for the development of healthy skin, nails and hair.
Found in Unprocessed Foods
It is found only in pure water and unprocessed foods. Fortunately, it is available as a supplement should your levels be too low.
Silicon vs Silica - What's the Difference?
People get confused about the differences between this chemical element and silica. Silicon is a chemical element, one of the 97 natural building blocks from which our minerals are formed. It is the second most abundant element in the earth's crust, making up about 27% of the average rock. It links up with oxygen (which makes up 55% of the earth's crust) to form the most common suite of minerals, called the silicates. There is so much oxygen around that this chemical element is almost never found naturally. Silica refers to the pure combination of silicon plus oxygen with no other minerals in it. The mineral quartz is silica.
Silicon in Water
Since distilled, reverse osmosis and softened water contain little of this chemical element, try to drink purified tap water or spring water instead.
How to Increase Your Levels
- Add more raw, unprocessed foods (all of which are good sources) to your diet such as:
- Fresh vegetables
- whole grains
- raw nuts
- raw seeds
- wild herbs
- Organic liver is another good source
- supplementing with organic silica may be a good idea if:
- your skin and hair are aging prematurely or if
- your skin and hair are aging quickly, or if
- your nails are weak or if
- you have osteoporosis
- Take it witha calcium supplement or with a bit of calcium-rich food like:
- If you do not notice improvements in symptoms after three to four months, discontinue the supplement.
- Many of the symptoms of low levels resemble those of water deficiency, or high levels of caffeine or nicotine -- or other imbalances. Check your recommendations for those as well.