Iodine is critically important for your energy, skin and mental health.
Symptom Quiz & Video
For detailed Iodine help watch the video above and/or read below. Here is the link for additional help.
How to Correct an Iodine (I) Deficiency
Q u i z !
Which of These 14 Iodine Warning Symptoms Do You Actually Have?
© 2017 FredaCare.com
How it Works in Your Body
- Makes Thyroxine, which controls your thyroid
- supercharges your white blood cells' microbe-killing capabilities
- ensures your healthy overall body development, such as:
- skin and hair
- acute mental function
- bodily energy generation
- prevents surplus mucous buildup in the body (which is especially important to those suffering from lung diseases)
It's primary purpose is the manufacture of thyroxine.
Thyroxine - the
Thyroxine is the thyroid hormone which controls much of the work of the thyroid, a small gland located at the front and base of your neck.
It is found in sea vegetables such as dulse
are Very Important
It also has a multitude of secondary, but very important, functions in your body (see chart above)
Iodine (I) Can Affect Your Immune System
A deficiency of this chemical element can be serious, affecting your immune system and thyroid function.
Don't Buy Supplements
If you have a high score here, don't buy its supplements. Some people are very sensitive to it, and you could have a serious allergic reaction. Also, an excess intake may affect thyroid function and cause other problems such as acne.
How to Restore Your Levels
- Sea Vegetables:
- bladder wrack
- sea palm
- You can chop sea vegetables in the food processor or blender and sprinkle them over food, or add them to soup after it is cooked.
- Sea vegetables are also good sources of proteins, carbohydrates, antioxidants, vitamins and other minerals
- Other Supplementary Sources:
- Kelp tablets *
- powdered kelp *
- sea food *
- * but only if it comes from an area of low water pollution. Kelp or sea food from polluted waters may be contaminated with toxic metals