Hypoglycemia causes clumsiness, confusion, seizures or death.
Symptom Quiz & Video
For detailed Hypoglycemia help watch the video above and/or read below. Here is the link for additional help.
How to Reverse Hypoglycemia Nutritionally
Only Your Doctor:
Only you doctor can diagnose hypoglycemia for sure. The symptoms can be vague and can mimic symptoms of other problems:
Q u i z !
Which of These 10 Hypoglycemia Warning Symptoms Do You Actually Have?
© 2017 FredaCare.com
Sugar is the fuel for all of our bodily systems. However, candies, sugar-coated cereals, pastries and other extremely concentrated (and relatively modern) sugars are too much for our systems to accommodate effectively.
These highly refined and concentrated sugars cause the pancreas to overreact and produce too much insulin. Insulin is the substance which lowers blood sugar.
Vicious Sugar Loop
This overstimulation quickly and drastically lowers our blood sugar. The rapidly falling blood sugar level sets off internal alarms and generates an even greater hunger for the concentrated sugars that originally created the problem.
Glucose/Insulin Levels Cycle Up and Down At Meal Times
Wrong Food Choices
Falling blood sugar levels cause hypoglycemic people to usually make the wrong choice of food. This is especially so when internal cravings develop from rapidly falling blood sugar levels.
Explains Junk Food Choices
Junk foods and concentrated sugars are repeatedly chosen over foods providing the protein, minerals and vitamins the body needs. Very often malnutrition results.
Chromium is a trace mineral that is necessary for the proper functioning of insulin. Eating more chromium-rich foods may help prevent food cravings.
Chromium supplements have improved symptoms of hypoglycemia in some people. If your symptoms are severe try:
- 50mcg chromium picolinate twice daily with a meal for six to eight weeks only
Take a multivitamin/mineral tablet daily with a meal.
Powdered Green Food Drinks
A green food powdered supplement that is dissolved in water or diluted juice would be an excellent supplement for you. It would give you a quick green boost (minerals) and, since it is a food-source supplement, it is easily absorbed. The main ingredients are:
- Wheat grass
- barley grass
- alfalfa (sometimes)
Wakunaga Kyo Green - the Powdered Green Drink We Use. Note that we don't sell it, or any other supplements but you can get it online.
Check Our Liver Page Too
What to Do About
- Eliminate, or cut way back on your sugar
- Eliminate, or cut way back on refined carbohydrates including:
- natural sugars such as
- refined sugar such as
- canned fruit
- soft drinks
- Read labels closely -- words like "sucrose", "glucose", "maltose", and "corn syrup" are all sugar.
- Try to eat 5-6 servings (half cup each) of fresh vegetables daily, especially:
- winter squash
- leafy greens like
- beet greens
- salad greens -- any of these can be eaten steamed, raw, stir-fried and/or in soups, casseroles, pastas, etc.
- Eat often:
- brown rice
- whole grain pastas
- The more natural and unprocessed the food, the more it will stabilize blood sugar and reduce cravings for sugar such as found in white bread and white pasta, etc.
- Try to eat regular meals and don't skip any meals.
- Eat some protein at each meal
- Try to include more vegetable protein in your diet.
- Try some:
- tofu with brown rice or whole grain noodles
- lentil, bean or pea soup with whole wheat bread
- hummus and pita bread
- beans with brown rice or tortillas
- whole wheat bread with almond butter
- Adding sprouts to any sandwich will provide extra vegetable protein
- Good sources of protein:
- Low-fat dairy foods
- fish and seafood
- sea vegetables such as dulse are also good sources of protein
- Do not eat large meals. You may feel better if you eat five or six (or even more) small meals during the day,
- To keep your blood sugar levels up. It's best not to eat after 8pm.
- Try a pancreatic enzyme supplement with meals to see if it improves digestion.
- A cup of miso broth makes a good bedtime drink.
- Eliminate alcohol and
- Keep your coffee intake to one cup a day
- If you smoke, try to at least cut back for now and plan to quit as soon as possible.
- Get some exercise every day.
Note to Our Clients:
If you completed the Full Quiz, a high score indicates that you have problems handling the sugar in your diet. Try making the recommended changes for at least two to three months and see if you feel better.
They supply an extra boost of vegetable protein, minerals, a wide range of vitamins and chlorophyl (good for your liver).
Wakunaga Kyo-Green Powdered Supplement
Wakunaga Kyo-Green would be a good one to try (it's not too expensive) but there are others available if you can't find it.
Green superfoods are really good fatigue fighters, too -- and can help prevent food cravings when taken between meals.
Are you familiar with stevia herb? It's a natural sweetener which can be used in place of sugar in baking. Studies have shown that it helps to regulate blood sugar.
Check with Your Doctor?
If you are under a doctor's care for blood sugar problems, check with them before using stevia herb.
Sweet Tooth Problems?
If cravings for sweets and refined carbohydrates are your undoing when trying to eat a healthier diet and/or lose weight, I think you should look for a good book on blood sugar disturbances, as you may need more information that I can include online. It should include menus, recipes, etc.
We don't sell nutritional products - we get our Kyo-Green online.